Top Home Decorating Trends for 2023
As we enter the new year, it's natural to start thinking about refreshing our living spaces and trying out new home decorating trends. If you're feeling inspired to update your home's style, here are six top trends to consider:
- Black, White and Gray: Monochromatic color schemes are always in style, and this year black, white and gray are still going strong. Using a limited color palette creates a cohesive and sophisticated look. White opens a room to add light and freshness. The black grounds the space. The gray tones add softness. You can even mix in some pops of color or natural tones.
- Natural Elements: Bringing the outdoors in is always a great way to add warmth and character to a space. Natural elements such as wood, stone and plants or faux greenery are popular choices for adding texture and a touch of nature to a room. Adding natural woven materials is also a hot trend that adds texture and interest to your decor.
- Neutrals Mixed with Gray: If you want to add a little more color to your monochromatic scheme, consider mixing in some neutral shades such as beige, taupe and tan. These shades can add depth and interest to a room without overwhelming it. If you already have neutral shades in your home, you can easily add some warm gray accents. Find pieces that combine these colors in art, textiles and accessories.
- Updated Farmhouse: Farmhouse style is still going strong, but this year we're seeing a more updated and polished version of the trend. Think simplicity and freshness with rustic accents. Art featuring barns, cows and windmills continues to be popular with the farmhouse style.
- Geometric Patterns: Geometric patterns are a great way to add visual interest and modern flair to a space. Whether it's through wallpaper, rugs, or decorative accents, incorporating geometric patterns can bring a fresh and dynamic feel to a room.
- Botanicals: Adding real or faux greenery to a space is not only a trend, but also a great way to bring a touch of nature indoors. Botanicals are a staple in the BoHo style and spilling over into other styles. Also trending is botanicals in art for the walls. Ferns are making a big comeback, whether it is in art or a real plant.
No matter which trend you choose to incorporate into your home, it's most important to create a space that reflects your personal style and makes you feel comfortable and at home. Happy decorating!