Core Decor Must Have- Pillow Covers
Decorative pillows help pull together a room!
They're both functional and pretty...the perfect combination!
Have you ever seen a magazine or design blog that didn't include a room with decorative pillow covers? There's a reason why! Textiles add softness as well as texture to your space. They also allow you to easily add pops of color to tie together color in a room.
- Use pillows in multiples and odd numbers (3 on a sofa and 5 on a bed usually works well). Decorating in odd numbers provides visual interest.
- Use pillows to add pops of color or an accent color in a mostly neutral room.
- Pick an anchor color or unifying aspect, such as a theme.
- Pull colors from other items in the room, such as art, drapery or accent pieces. This moves the color story throughout the room.
- Add pillows with texture and patterns to provide visual interest.
- Select pillows that are not oversized so that you can easily use the space with the pillows on the furniture. Keep a large basket near the sofa or bed to 'throw' the pillows in when you aren't using them.